IT Connect - Connecting students to employers
The 2017 IT Connect Career was held on Friday, November 17th from 1PM to 4PM. Over 200 students were in attendance to talk to 24 different companies that were looking for students to fill internships, full-time and part-time positions.
The companies in attendance included:
Jackson National Life Insurance Company, EFC Systems, Talestry, Servpro Industries, Inc., Tractor Supply Company, Deloitte, Decision Source, Inc., BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, LifeWay Christian Resources, CGI, Trinisys, Digital Reasoning, Infoworks, DaVita, CAT Financial, Education Pioneers, Formos Consulting, Genesco, Cigna, UBS, Intelometry Inc., Metropolitan Government Nashville, and Schneider Electric
Companies were looking for students for roles in database, programming (a lot of C#), networking, project management, security, IT audit, consulting, and many of IT related fields.
As benefit of the IT Connect Career Fair is that all proceeds will fund scholarships for approximately 15 CIS students. This year, over $8,000 was raised.
Other events that were during the career fair included:
Panel Discussion: Exploring Diversity and Inclusion in the Tech Industry from 11:30AM to 1:00PM
- Moderator: LeShane Greenhill, CEO & Co-Founder of Sagents and Founder of SalesCocktail
- The event was free and open to all MTSU students.
During the Career Fair
- Headshots available for FREE
- Food and drinks available
- 30-minute Information Session from Education Pioneers, CGI, CAT Financial, UBS, and Jackson National Life.
IT Mock Interviews
- 20 minute sessions with employers to practice your interview skills
- Nine employers were used as mock interviewers with 27 students
- Although the time was short, the students were treated as 'real' interviewees and given direct feedback.